Please click on the thumbnail image to view a larger image.
The Long Island Railroad reached Sayville in 1868 when the line from Jamaica to Sayville was completed. The first railroad ticket office in Sayville was located in Woodhull Raynor's Oakland House hotel on the north side of the track. The first train station was built about 1870 on the south side of the track. The station pictured in these photos replaced the first station and was built in 1906 by William Bason & Son, well-known local masons.